What I offer
- Professional, attractive and dynamic design
- Over 15 years of experience
- Creative AND technically skilled
- Great eye for detail! The user experience will be #1
- A solid understanding of marketing, communication and the user experience
- Full search engine optimization (SEO)
- Modern xhtml/css
- Free initial consultation
- Full featured or simple e-commerce
- Blogs, forums, galleries, events calendars
- Social networking sites with profiles, private messaging, Friends, etc.
- User submitted and/or shared content
- Member's only sections
- RSS feeds (both incoming and outgoing)
- Joomla!, Wordpress or Drupal
- Creative original design or 3rd party templates
- Digital photography
- Print Graphic Design
- Documentation and training
The kinds of sites I do
- Small brochure to large dynamic sites
- Casual/street to clean business to elegant
- Real Estate
Content Management (CMS)
Having a CMS for your web site has become very cost effective and something for everyone to consider, even for the simplest sites. A CMS basically has two major advantages. One, it provides a user friendly back end. This will allow you and those you work with to make updates and manage most aspects of your website without any special skills. You are then freed from depending on someone else to make critical and timely updates.
Another benefit is that they are a framework with many features built in (or readily available) that would ordinarily take a lot of work to create. A few of these features include user registration, blogs, e-commerce, forums, events calendars, RSS feeds and a lot more. Using a framework requires substantially less time to achieve the same results as a normal website.
The CMS I normally work with is Joomla! 1.5. It is open source, meaning there is no cost to use it. For those of you familiar with Joomla, this is complete rewrite of the older version and is now very modern, professional and secure. The code is W3C XHTML compliant and it is continually updated by a large, active community with excellent support.
Does it have to look like a cookie cutter portal type site? No, not at all. It can look like absolutely anything. I am an experienced Joomla designer who is able to fully customize all aspects of the appearance. For those with budget concerns, there are many excellent, low cost templates made for Joomla (http://www.rockettheme.com or www.joomlart.com, or the Resource Directory for more examples). All CMS websites come with easy to understand documentation that has been tailored to your website.
- Quote available after phone or in person consultation. (no charge)
- Sites with an original design begin at $2,000. 3rd party template based sites begin at $1,400
- Addons (add to the base cost): E-commerce, starting at $600. Paypal/Google Checkout (basic shopping cart) 0-$200+. Social Networking, varies a lot according to requirements but typically $600+
- Typical sites average in the $2-8,000 range
- All sites include a content management system for easy client updates (no tech skills required) and customary attention to detail.
- Web site maintenance: $65 /hr. (two hour minimum)
This is meant as a general guide only. There are many things I offer that are not listed, so please just ask. If you are interested in web design or development services, I offer a free quote after a phone or in-person consultation. Please use the Contact page to find out more.